This is my very first ‘Award’ post that I’m doing, and it’s all thanks to Maddie, who writes wonderful book reviews I enjoy reading, over on Well-Read Twenty Something. Thanks, Maddie, I’m quite flattered you nominated me! And I’m certainly not thanking you just ‘cuz the rules say so, haha. Before I start, I just want to mention that this award is the creation of the poetic Okoto Enigma over at Okoto Enigma’s Blog. Thanks, Okoto!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three things about me:
- I come from two countries, China and Sri Lanka. Unique as it is, it’s annoying and a mouthful having to answer people when they ask me where I’m from!
- I’m the oldest kid in the family. I’ve also met two people who were born on the exact same date as me! Both of them were Chinese 😛
- I love all sorts of cuisines! Some of my favorite food: Hotpot, Roast Duck, Shawarma, Mandi, Steak, Fried Chicken and Kotu Roti. There was this nicely roasted chicken with flavored rice that I had from a Greek restaurant in Dubai but I can’t remember what it was called, it was pleasantly delicious though!
- If you could jump into any book as a side character, what one would you choose?
The Magic Treehouse books! They’re absolutely cosy but…there are no side characters in that. So, my 2nd choice would be a student at Hogwarts. The Harry Potter wizarding world is wondrously cosy, especially the first few books when things weren’t so dark―oh, wait. Things were pretty dark from the beginning, right? Ok then, Harry Potter world without the ultra dark aspects!
- Desert Island: 1 book, 1 movie, and 1 song, what do you choose?
The Qur’an(Koran), because it supposedly has deeper meanings between the lines and each time you read it something else pops out at you. I’d take the version with both the original text and its translation! I’m not a movie junkie, so I don’t have an all-time favorite. But, I’ll go with
The Maze Runner. Action, a young cast and tense moments, it’s got everything I look for in an exciting movie.I take that back, I’d go for Daddy Day Care or Cheaper By The Dozen ‘cuz I can live vicarously through the movie since I’m stuck all alone on an island. As for the song, I’ll go with…UGH, this is hard! Um, Ta Mig Tillbaka by Darin Zanyar because the tune is perfect to me. Plus, I choose a male singer so I can pretend he’s there and singing to me 😛
- You have to spend the rest of you life either talking in third person or only in questions, which do you choose?
In questions, for sure! I despise when people speak in 3rd person!!! They’re trying to be cute but it’s like nails on a chalkboard for me, feel free to speak like that if you want to be my life-long enemy!
- What is your favorite non-fiction book?
I haven’t read much non-fiction, so my options are limited. I’ll go with Muhammad, The Messenger of Islam by Hajjah Amina Adil. Another religious option. I swear, I’m not that religious in real life! It’s either this book or The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and I chose the former because it’s a beautifully written biography on the Prophet and the advent of Islam. It contained never before known details on his life and Islam(well, atleast to me) and read more like a story than a biography. Also, I read it while pacing in the pleasantly air-conditioned corridors outside of our apartment at the time because our electricity got cut. It made for a special experience!
- What is your dream job?
A Youtuber or radio/tv host making content that leaves an impact or that others will find useful. I love talking and discussing things with people on just about any topic, be it trivial or deep!
Five Questions from Me:
- If you could learn one language instantly, which would it be?
- One genre you’d like more authors to write on?
- Choose a book/story ending you’d like to change and explain why.
- You’re on a date with an amazing guy/girl. In the middle of eating you realize that your period has decided to show up and it’s leaked through your white dress/pants or (if you’re a guy) you’ve sharted in your pants after sneezing too hard and it’s leaked through your white pants. What do you do?
- Tell us a funny memory you have.
You’re not obligated to make a post but oh, man, I’d love to hear what you guys have to say to my questions! Feel free to write it in the comments or as a post.
My Most Popular Posts:
The First Phone Call From Heaven – Mitch Albom (Review)
Until next time,